ss_blog_claim=dd2b1efa7c80cb97a11ae172bc50b7f8 ss_blog_claim=dd2b1efa7c80cb97a11ae172bc50b7f8

Children of the Corn

So I have recently found myself the mother of 5 boys. My husband's two sons have come to live with us, we have one son together, and I have two from a previous marriage. Yes, 5 and they are all boys. The funny thing is, when I tell people how many children I have, they always say the same thing. 'Wow... All boys?' or 'Five boys, huh?'. I think some people feel sorry for me, but I don't mind. While I didn't exactly become the mother of five by choice, it is something I am proud of. I love all my boys, as crazy as my life can be.

You can only imagine life with all boys - lots of talk about farting & poop, lots of yelling ,wrestling and rambunctious boy energy. While I often wonder what it would be like to have a daughter, it is fun having boys. Although I have to wonder if I had a daughter, would she love to run around showing her bare butt for fun. I think the one thing that really drives me crazy about having five children, is getting them to take responsibility for their messes. I will find a mess someone made or a sock left on the bathroom floor and ask who's it is, always to hear the same response four times ' not mine. I know it's not mine!'. LOL.

There is a book by Stephen King, 'Children of the Corn', about children who are evil. I like to jokingly call them the 'children of the corn'. The funny part is, in the movie the leader's name is Malachi, and one of my sons name is Malakai. Of course I don't really think they are evil, but it's always fun to joke - especially when they are driving me crazy.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If I didn't know better I would think I wrote that post myself. My fiance and I have 6 children all together...I have two daughters from a previous marriage, he has a son and daughter from a previous marriage, and we have a son and daughter together...and although we don't always have all 6 it's always crazy at our house! And I think it's quite sweet that you have all boys....I only have one son and he's amazing...I'm so glad I got to experience having a boy in the midst of three girls.....and I was laughing my butt off when I read that you call your boys the "children of the corn", because I've been calling my kids that for years! Great post!

Hire Me Direct

Follow me and I'll Follow You!

Blog Roll

4 Cats Make Me Crazy!
101 Ways to Save
A Peek Inside Our Life
Ally Kat Tales
Angies Silly Stuff
Anything I Think About
ash.
The Art Dept Chronicles
Back Where I Come From
Berriedreams
Blah-Zay
Blog Fogg
Bloggie Mommie
Busy Bee Village
The Cajun Blogger
Chatty Chica
A Christian Marriage
Confessions of a Baltimore Housewife
Confetti by:Kateedyd
Coodas Corner
Da Boss And Bryguy
Dave's Blue Planet
Deal with Chronic Pain
Desperate Gossip
Diaper Duty Diary
Domestic Legacies
Drizzly Blog
Eco Baby Buzz
Eco Family Buzz
Editorial Nation on HubPages
Fat Girl Goes Fit
fASHion
Feelings Just Are
Femme Facade
Five O'Clock Somewhere
Flipping Adentures
Florida Travel Spots
Friendly Fusion
Front Page Info
The Fuzzbutt Files
The Geeks Girl
Green 'n' Pink
Happy Healthy Families
Have Your Health
Healthy Home Blog
Here On Columbia Avenue
Hillbilly Heart
House of Bargains
House Wife Wom
I Love My 3 Boys
Internet Art Class
It's Just My Thoughts
Jolly Mom
Kateedyd What?!
Kimmi's Krazy World
Kim's Kountry Kitchen
Kookie Krumblez
The Learning Rock
Life In The Country
Life Inside My Purse
Life Is Like A Sewer
The Life Of A Military Wife
Lisa‘s Command Post
The List
Luxury Lifestylez
Love World Mall
Mama and Hustler???
Mama M's Cucina
Mia's Menu Mania
Mia's Motivation
Mindals Musings
Mindy Making Sense
Misadventures in Baby Raising
Mix World
Moma's Crazy World
Moma's House
Moma's Life
Mommies Little Helper
Mommie’s Marbles
Mom Tidings
Mommy Mia's World
Mom Times Three
Mom to Three Sisters
Mom to Tweens
Moon Babyz
The Munchkins and Me
My Crazy Lil Life
My First Steps With Jesus
My Frugal Life
My-Junk-Drawer
My Mommy Chronicles
My Name is Not “Mom”
My Special Place
My So Called Blog
My Weekly Beef
New & Incredible Gossip
Notes From a Wannabe WAHM
Paradise Fiber Studio
Piece of Me
Postcard from Somewhere
Pure Jade Home
Raising a Girl
Remotely Mommy
Save Your Sen$e at Home
Saving with Style
Shrinking Pamelalala
Shopping Reviews
SlickMom
So Not Domestic
Surgical Nurse Musings
Talk Time with Kim
teleTwenties
The Jolly Kitchen
Three Times a Brideamaid
Thrifty Momma Ramblings
Thrifty Thoughts
Time Keeps on Flying Wahm Adventures
Weeping Widow
WICBlog
Work from Home Options
World of Mom